The Versailles Arabidopsis Stock Center supplies seeds to the international research community. It is based in Versailles (France), at the Jean-Pierre Bourgin Institute (IJPB) of the National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment (INRAE).
Seed stocks available for distribution include:
- 54915 T-DNA insertion lines corresponding to 46236 Flanking Sequence Tags (FST)
- over 600 natural accessions (ecotypes)
- 262 F2 mapping populations
- 16 Recombinant Inbred Line (RIL) populations
- 3 nearly-isogenic line sets (HIF: Heterogeneous Inbred Family)
- a panel of epigenetic recombinant inbred lines (epiRIL)
- 56 cytolines
- a collection of homozygous EMS mutant lines (HEM)
Multiplication and conservation of seed stocks are conducted according to defined protocols. Backups of stocks are maintained to ensure preservation. An identifying number is assigned to each seed batch and is associated to a barcode that allows a computerized follow-up from sowing to distribution.